‘5 Questions’ Interview With Marsha Canham! @marshacanham
Today I’m thrilled to welcome author Marsha Canham to the blog as part of the ‘5 Questions’ with authors interview series!
Marsha writes mostly historical romances and her books have won many awards from Romantic Times, including Best Historical of the Year, Best Swashbuckler of the Year, Best Medieval of the Year, Storyteller of the Year, and twice received Lifetime Achievement Awards.
Describe your book The Dragon Tree in ten words or less
Medieval adventure-romance featuring a disgraced Templar knight.
Where or how did you come up with the idea for your story?
I live in Toronto, Ontario, and was showing some visitors around one of the city’s attractions: Casa Loma, a castle built in the heart of the city.
While we were in the gardens we came across a metal sculpture called the Dragon Tree and after I read the inscription, I knew I had my next book.
What was your favorite part to write and why?
I love writing about wounded heroes who are outwardly strong and heroic but inwardly full of doubts and tormented by their past.
Leading those heroes out of the darkness, introducing love into their lives again is the basis for all romance novels.
If you weren’t a full-time author, what other career would you be in and why?
I suspect I would have gone further with my stained glass hobby, perhaps turning it into a full time job.
I enjoy cutting and setting the glass into beautiful panels and would love to have expanded into fusing and 3D pieces.
Tell us about an upcoming book or project you’re excited about
I am currently working on the fourth book in the Pirate Wolf series.
I had no idea at the outset, after writing Across A Moonlit Sea, that the first sequel (The Iron Rose) would do so well, or that the second (The Following Sea) would be met with requests, even demands for more stories about the Dante family.
I guess those NY editors who told me pirate stories were dead in the water were wrong *big grin*
The Dragon Tree is available on Amazon (Kindle).
Check out Marsha Canham’s Amazon author page for more info and browse through her other books!
If you are an author who would like to participate in the series, fill out the questionnaire here! And if you are a reader who wants to suggest an author for the series, just send me an email!
Most Recent Book Reviews
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- The Shrinking Man by Richard Matheson for $1.99! @Rosetta_Books_ #Deal (US) #SciFi
- My Happy Days in Hollywood: A #Memoir by Garry Marshall for $1.99! @CrownPublishing #Deal (US)
- The Boy in the Suitcase by Agnete Friis, Lene Kaaberbol @kaaberboel, Katherine Kellgren @katykellgren (Narrator) for $2.95! @BlackstoneAudio #Audible
- I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream by Harlan Ellison @HarlanEllison9 for $1.99! @OpenRoadMedia #Kindle #Short #Fiction Daily #Deal!
- The Dead Room by Robert Ellis @thrillerwatch for $0.99! #Kindle #Mystery, #Thriller & #Suspense Daily #Deal!
- Slip of the Tongue by Jessica Hawkins @jess_hawk for $1.99! #Kindle #Romance Daily #Deal! #Adultery
- One Man’s War by P. M. Kippert for $1.99! #Kindle #Literary #Fiction Daily #Deal! #Historical #WWII
- The Diary of a 6th Grade Ninja Series, Books 2-5 by Marcus Emerson @NinjaEmerson are $0.99 Each! #Kindle #Kids Daily #Deal!
WP Book Bloggers Directory!
Kradam Fan Fiction – Minus the crappy ones…
- The Devilstone Registry: Ch 1 Head of the Trail (Adam/Kris, PG-R), Ch 2 The Tale of Matty the Mute, Ch 3 The Foundation, Ch 4 Turning Blue, Ch 5 Among the Fragments, Ch 6 Snoop and Ye Shall Find, Ch 7 A Distant Bell, Ch 8 Female Troubles, Ch 9 The 3:10 to Little Rock, Ch 10 The Western Boys - PART 1, Ch 10 The Western Boys - PART 2, 4/?
Translate this blog into different languages…