‘5 Questions’ Interview With G.L. Jones!
Today I’m thrilled to welcome author G.L. Jones to the blog as part of the ‘5 Questions’ with authors interview series!
If you are an author who would like to participate in the series, fill out the questionnaire here! And if you are a reader who wants to suggest an author for the series, just send me an email!
Describe your book Thief & Mage (The Corrin Chronicles) in ten words or less
Adventure Fantasy/Sword and Sorcery
Where or how did you come up with the idea for your story?
I’ve been sort of frustrated by the lack of stuff to read that I like. So my intent was simple, write something that I would like to read.
I wanted to create a character with a 3 book story arc where the character would be in a different “place” in each book. From that skeleton of and idea, I came up with the first book, second book in process.
From the title, you can presume that he’s a bit of a scoundrel, thus the word Thief in the title.
The next book is tentatively called, “Mage and Hero”. Once I knew what the character was going to do, I let my imagination run wild.
What was your favorite part to write and why?
I love the action sequences. I’m attempting to write “not boring” stuff targeted at Males, maybe 13-30. So I keep the book moving quickly, this is not Tolstoy. But, this is my target market, so I try to remember what it was like to be 15 and write to that level. Two books from now will be time for something completely different.
So having an idea of what my target market is, the most fun I have is writing intense action sequences.
Do you have a day job? If yes, tell us about it and how did that affect your writing / publishing process?
Yes I have a day job that requires lots of overnight travel.
This means you can find me sitting up late at night in a quiet hotel room somewhere hunched over a laptop with take out nearby tapping away at my keyboard.
Tell us about an upcoming book or project you’re excited about
The project after book two in my 3 part series is the one I’m most excited about. It’s going to be set in modern day, I’m going to target older males this time, so I can turn loose on language, graphic depictions of action (people getting their heads lopped off, etc..) and maybe some sexual inuendo which I toned way down in my younger male books.
The thing that excites me is I’ve come up with a plot twist that’s pretty cool, and will keep readers guessing throughout the book. When they get to the end, they will go oh yeah I get it, that’s pretty cool.
Of course I can’t tell you what it is, that would spoil the fun.
Thanks again for stopping by, G.L. Jones! You can learn more about the author via the website: www.gljonesbooks.com.
Thief & Mage (The Corrin Chronicles) is available on Amazon (Kindle).
Check out G.L. Jones’s Amazon author page for more info!
Most Recent Book Reviews
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Double Fudge Brownie Murder by Joanne Fluke @JoanneFluke for $1.99! @PenguinRandom #Deal (#Kindle #Nook)
- Amazon (US) $3 Credit (Limited Time Offer)
- Updraft (Bone Universe) by Fran Wilde @fran_wilde, Khristine Hvam @KhristineHvam (Narrator) for $3.95! #Audible
- One Second Ahead by Hougaard, Carter & Coutts for $1.99! @Palgrave_ #Kindle #Nonfiction Daily #Deal! #Business
- The Day After Never – Blood Honor by Russell Blake @BlakeBooks for $0.99! #Kindle #Sci-Fi / #Fantasy Daily #Deal! #Dystopian
- Dead Man’s Land by Robert Ryan @robtryan for $1.99! @simonschusterUK #Kindle #Mystery, #Thriller & #Suspense Daily #Deal!
- Texas Tough (Tylers of Texas) by Janet Dailey for $1.99! @PenguinRandom #Kindle #Romance Daily #Deal!
- The Everything But Series, Books 1-6 by Holly Jacobs @HollyJacobs1 are $1.99 Each! #Kindle #Romance Daily #Deal!
WP Book Bloggers Directory!
Kradam Fan Fiction – Minus the crappy ones…
- The Devilstone Registry: Ch 1 Head of the Trail (Adam/Kris, PG-R), Ch 2 The Tale of Matty the Mute, Ch 3 The Foundation, Ch 4 Turning Blue, Ch 5 Among the Fragments, Ch 6 Snoop and Ye Shall Find, Ch 7 A Distant Bell, Ch 8 Female Troubles, Ch 9 The 3:10 to Little Rock, Ch 10 The Western Boys - PART 1, Ch 10 The Western Boys - PART 2, 4/?
Translate this blog into different languages…