‘5 Questions’ Interview With Sheryl Fawcett! @SherylFawcett
Today I’m thrilled to welcome author Sheryl Fawcett to the blog as part of the ‘5 Questions’ with authors interview series!
If you are an author who would like to participate in the series, fill out the questionnaire here! And if you are a reader who wants to suggest an author for the series, just send me an email!
Describe your novel When Least Expected (The Women of Lakeshore Drive) in ten words or less
Mature women, life-shattering events, friendship, and survival are explored in When Least Expected.
Where or how did you come up with the idea for your story?
I write about what I know best: active, intelligent women in the sixties. Characters are fictional and affluent, but their emotional stories could happen to almost any woman.
This book was written sitting on the dock at our summer lake house. There, my imagination can flow with the water and be jolted by waves that crash into the sea wall as do the waves in the lives of my characters.
Which of your characters (in this book) is closest to your heart and why?
I, personally, relate most to the very private Suzanne. Her work is part of the glue that holds her together.
Yet, Jack Andrews is closest to my heart. While his life is totally different, his personality and caring generosity remind me so much of my husband of many years.
If you weren’t a full-time author, what other career would you be in and why?
My previous careers were dance school owner and instructor, full-time mother and part-time volunteer, and residential real estate associate broker, in that order. I never pursued my life-long desire to be a doctor.
I suppose if I weren’t writing, I’d be in one of those careers, or maybe something else entirely. One thing is certain, I could never sit and do nothing.
Tell us about an upcoming book or project you’re excited about
I am currently working on two sequels to When Least Expected in The Women of Lakeshore Drive series. Each book is a complete stand-alone, but there is progression through each one. The first book covers over fifty years, the second less than a month. The third is still developing, but will probably evolve over a year’s time. A couple short story ideas are also bouncing around in my head and may emerge in the ebook world one of these days.
Bonus Question! Fill in the blank: If you like ___, you’ll probably like my book too!
If you like the B.O.O.B. Girls, you’ll probably like my book, too. While that series is humorous, mine isn’t. In fact, mine is pretty heavy.
Nevertheless, the commonality is mature women who consider themselves quite young, and act that way!
When Least Expected (The Women of Lakeshore Drive) is available on Amazon (Kindle).
Check out Rachel Hanna’s Amazon author page for more info!
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Most Popular Posts
- The Grand Sophy by Georgette Heyer (Narrated by Sarah Woodward) for $3.95! @NaxosAudioBooks #Audible
- Coming Home by Stacy Hawkins Adams @SHAdams for $1.99! @Zondervan (#Kindle #Nook)
- Into That Forest by Louis Nowra for $1.99! #Kindle Teens Daily Deal!
- Berlin Diary by William L. Shirer @WilliamLShirer for $2.99! @Rosetta_Books_ #Kindle History Daily Deal!
- The Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut for $1.99! @Rosetta_Books_ #Kindle Sci-Fi / Fantasy Daily Deal
- Imagine by Jill Barnett @Jill_Barnett for $1.99! @Bellebooks #Kindle Romance Daily Deal!
- The Discrete Charm Of Charlie Monk by David Ambrose for $1.99! @simonschusterUK #Kindle Daily Deal!
- Riddle of the Labyrinth by Margalit Fox @margalitfox for £0.99! @ProfileBooks #KindleUK Daily Deal!
- Dying for Justice by L.J. Sellers @LJSellers for £0.99! #KindleUK Daily Deal!
- A New York Winter’s Tale by Mark Helprin @MarkHelprin for £0.99! @picadorbooks #KindleUK Daily Deal!
WP Book Bloggers Directory!
Kradam Fan Fiction – Minus the crappy ones…
- The Devilstone Registry: Ch 1 Head of the Trail (Adam/Kris, PG-R), Ch 2 The Tale of Matty the Mute, Ch 3 The Foundation, Ch 4 Turning Blue, Ch 5 Among the Fragments, Ch 6 Snoop and Ye Shall Find, Ch 7 A Distant Bell, Ch 8 Female Troubles, Ch 9 The 3:10 to Little Rock, Ch 10 The Western Boys - PART 1, Ch 10 The Western Boys - PART 2, 4/?
Translate this blog into different languages…