The First 20 Minutes by Gretchen Reynolds (@GretchenReynold) for £0.99! @iconbooks #AmazonUK Kindle Health & Fitness Daily Deal!
Hey, Amazon UK Kindlers, you get your own special Kindle Daily Deal too!
Each day we will unveil one book in the Kindle Daily Deal at a specially discounted price–for that day only. Deals go live at midnight and ends 23:59 the same day.
And the new deal is…
‘The First 20 Minutes: The Surprising Science That Reveals How We Can Exercise Better, Train Smarter, Live Longer‘ by Gretchen Reynolds (Icon Books) is now available at the specially discounted price of £1.89 on the UK Kindle site. The US Kindle edition is priced at $7.99 (Plume).
Every Wednesday, Gretchen Reynolds singlehandedly influences how millions of Americans work out. In her Phys Ed column for The New York Times, she debunks myths, spurs conversation, and creates arguments among her readers by questioning widely held beliefs about exercise.
Expanding upon her popular columns, Reynolds tackles the questions we all have and (sometimes) ask about exercise. Consulting experts in physiology, biology, psychology, neurology, and sports, she uncovers how often we should exercise, how long workouts should be, how to avoid injury, and how to find the right form, routine and equipment for our goals.
She also reveals some surprising answers, like:
* 20 minutes of cardio at a time is enough to obtain maximum health benefits. (And in some cases, just six minutes is all you need.)
* Stretching before a workout is counterproductive. (It’s better to just start easy, i.e., walk before you run.)
* Core strength is nice but not necessary. (A six-pack looks great but actually has little bearing on performance.)
* Walking improves your memory; housecleaning improves your mood. (The brain is like a muscle,; it likes to exercise.)
* Chocolate milk is better than Gatorade for recovery. (Providing the best sports nutrition is often the simplest.)
Drawing on scientific expertise as well as her own athletic experiences, Gretchen Reynolds will help you find the right workout for your body, age, fitness and goals. Whether your desire is to be fit for the rest of your life, to look great in a smaller dress size or to run your third marathon in Boston, The First 20 Minutes will make your workouts work for you.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- The Price of Justice by Marti Green @MartiGreen2, Tanya Eby (Narrator) for $2.95! #Audible
- Girl on a Wire by Gwenda Bond @Gwenda for $1.99! #Kindle Teens Daily Deal!
- The Blackmail Club by David Bishop for $1.99! @BookPubNow #Kindle Mystery, Thriller & Suspense Daily Deal!
- The Spears of Laconia by Sam Sisavath for $1.99! #Kindle Sci-Fi / Fantasy Daily Deal
- The Morning After by Lisa Jackson @readlisajackson for $1.99! #Kindle Romance Daily Deal! #Suspense
- A Noble Masquerade by Kristi Ann Hunter @KristiAnnHunter for $1.99! @bethany_house #Kindle Romance Daily Deal! #Religious
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard @VictoriaAveyard for $2.99! @harperteen #Kindle Teens Daily Deal!
- The Bollywood Bride by Sonali Dev @Sonali_Dev is $2.99! #Kindle Literary Fiction Daily Deal!
- The Nomination by William G. Tapply for $1.99! @skyhorsepub #Kindle Mystery, Thriller & Suspense Daily Deal!
- The Mechanical (Alchemy Wars) by Ian Tregillis @ITregillis for $1.99! @orbitbooks #Kindle Sci-Fi / Fantasy Daily Deal
WP Book Bloggers Directory!
Kradam Fan Fiction – Minus the crappy ones…
- The Devilstone Registry: Ch 1 Head of the Trail (Adam/Kris, PG-R), Ch 2 The Tale of Matty the Mute, Ch 3 The Foundation, Ch 4 Turning Blue, Ch 5 Among the Fragments, Ch 6 Snoop and Ye Shall Find, Ch 7 A Distant Bell, Ch 8 Female Troubles, Ch 9 The 3:10 to Little Rock, Ch 10 The Western Boys - PART 1, Ch 10 The Western Boys - PART 2, 4/?
Translate this blog into different languages…