Bargain Alert! Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell (@Gladwell) for $2.99!
‘Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking’ by Malcolm Gladwell (Back Bay Books) is now available at the specially discounted price of $2.99 on the US Kindle site.
* Note that price may revert back to full price at any time
In his landmark best seller The Tipping Point, Malcolm Gladwell redefined how we understand the world around us. Now, in Blink, he revolutionizes the way we understand the world within. Blink is a book about how we think without thinking, about choices that seem to be made in an instant, in the blink of an eye, that actually aren’t as simple as they seem. Why are some people brilliant decision makers, while others are consistently inept? Why do some people follow their instincts and win, while others end up stumbling into error? How do our brains really work, in the office, in the classroom, in the kitchen, and in the bedroom? And why are the best decisions often those that are impossible to explain to others?
In Blink we meet the psychologist who has learned to predict whether a marriage will last, based on a few minutes of observing a couple; the tennis coach who knows when a player will double-fault before the racket even makes contact with the ball; the antiquities experts who recognize a fake at a glance. Here, too, are great failures of “blink”: the election of Warren Harding; “New Coke”; and the shooting of Amadou Diallo by police. Blink reveals that great decision makers aren’t those who process the most information or spend the most time deliberating, but those who have perfected the art of “thin-slicing”, filtering the very few factors that matter from an overwhelming number of variables.
Drawing on cutting-edge neuroscience and psychology and displaying all of the brilliance that made The Tipping Point a classic, Blink changes the way you understand every decision you make. Never again will you think about thinking the same way.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Most Popular Posts
- Bargain Alert! What’s Eating Gilbert Grape by Peter Hedges for $2.99! @Rosetta_Books_ #Kindle
- Bargain Alert! Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy for $3.99! @Rosetta_Books_ #Kindle
- Bargain Alert! Acqua Alta (Commissario Brunetti) by Donna Leon for $1.99! #Kindle
- Midwinterblood by Marcus Sedgwick @marcussedgwick for $1.99! @MacKidsBooks (#Kindle #Kobo)
- Goldbox Deal of the Day! Save 66% Off The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings Ultimate Media Collection! #Amazon #Deal
- One Rough Man by Brad Taylor @bradtaylorbooks, J. D. Jackson, Neil Kaplan (Narrators) for $5.95! #Audible
- How to Catch a Bogle by Catherine Jinks $1.99! @HMHKids #Kindle Kids Daily Deal!
- 1969: The Year Everything Changed by Rob Kirkpatrick @wrappedupinboox for $1.99! @skyhorsepub #Kindle History Daily Deal!
- The ‘Man of War’ series by H. Paul Honsinger @HPaulHonsinger for $1.99 Each! #Kindle Sci-Fi / Fantasy Daily Deal!
- ‘The Fancy Lives of the Lear Sisters’ series by Julia London @JuliaFLondon are $1.99 Each! #Kindle Romance Daily Deal!
WP Book Bloggers Directory!
Kradam Fan Fiction – Minus the crappy ones…
- The Devilstone Registry: Ch 1 Head of the Trail (Adam/Kris, PG-R), Ch 2 The Tale of Matty the Mute, Ch 3 The Foundation, Ch 4 Turning Blue, Ch 5 Among the Fragments, Ch 6 Snoop and Ye Shall Find, Ch 7 A Distant Bell, Ch 8 Female Troubles, Ch 9 The 3:10 to Little Rock, Ch 10 The Western Boys - PART 1, Ch 10 The Western Boys - PART 2, 4/?
Translate this blog into different languages…