First Meetings: In Ender’s Universe by Orson Scott Card (@orsonscottcard) for $2.99! @torteen #Kindle Sci-Fi / Fantasy Daily Deal
I like this new promo by Amazon! We get a special Kindle Sci-Fi / Fantasy Daily Deal! And the new deal is…
** Add the professional narration (Audible.Com) of First Meetings: In Ender’s Universe (Other Tales from the Ender Universe) for a reduced price of $8.99 after you buy this Kindle book.
Welcome to the Enderverse.
When “Ender’s Game” was first published as a novella twenty-five years ago few would have predicted that it would become one of the most successful ventures in publishing history. Expanded into a novel in 1985, Ender’s Game won both the Hugo Award and the Nebula Award for Best Novel. Never out of print and translated into dozens of languages, it is the rare work of fiction that can truly be said to have transcended a genre. Ender’s Game and its sequels have won dozens of prestigious awards and are as popular today among teens and young readers as adults.
First Meetings is a collection of three novellas-plus the original “Ender’s Game”-that journey into the origins and the destiny of one Ender Wiggin.
“The Polish Boy” begins in the wake between the first two Bugger Wars when the Hegemony is desperate to recruit brilliant military commanders to repel the alien invasion. In John Paul Wiggin-the future father of Ender -they believe they may have found their man. Or boy.
In “Teacher’s Pest”-a novella written especially for this collection-a brilliant but insufferably arrogant John Paul Wiggin, now an American university student, matches wits with an equally brilliant graduate student named Theresa Brown.
It is many years since the end of the Bugger Wars in “The Investment Counselor.” Ender’s reputation as a hero and savior has suffered a horrible reversal. Banished from Earth and slandered as a mass murderer, twenty-year-old Andrew Wiggin wanders incognito from planet to planet as a fugitive. Until a blackmailing tax inspector compromises his identity and threatens to expose Ender the Xenocide.
Also reprinted here is the original landmark novella, “Ender’s Game,” which first appeared in 1977.
Fully illustrated, First Meetings is Orson Scott Card writing at the height of his considerable power about his most compelling character.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Most Popular Posts
- Strange Highways by Dean Koontz @deankoontz & Jeff Cummings (Narrator) for $2.95! #Audible
- Riding Wild by Jaci Burton @jaciburton for $2.99! @BerkleyRomance (#Kindle #Nook)
- Hero Cat by Eileen Spinelli for $1.99! #Kindle Kids Daily Deal!
- The Power of Why by C. Richard Weylman @richard_weylman for $1.99! #Kindle Business & Money Daily Deal!
- Dire Straits (Bo Blackman) by Helen Harper @HarperFire is $1.99! #Kindle Sci-Fi / Fantasy Daily Deal!
- You Own Me by Shiloh Walker @shilohwalker for $0.99! #Kindle Romance Daily Deal!
- 6 books from the ‘John Rain’ series by Barry Eisler @barryeisler are $1.99 each! #Kindle Daily Deal!
- Bargain Alert! Help for the Haunted by John Searles @searlesbooks for $1.99! @WmMorrowBks
- Bargain Alert! Sourland: Stories by Joyce Carol Oates @JoyceCarolOates for $1.99! @HarperCollins
- Bargain Alert! Foodist by Darya Pino Rose @summertomato for $1.99! @HarperOne
WP Book Bloggers Directory!
Kradam Fan Fiction – Minus the crappy ones…
- The Devilstone Registry: Ch 1 Head of the Trail (Adam/Kris, PG-R), Ch 2 The Tale of Matty the Mute, Ch 3 The Foundation, Ch 4 Turning Blue, Ch 5 Among the Fragments, Ch 6 Snoop and Ye Shall Find, Ch 7 A Distant Bell, Ch 8 Female Troubles, Ch 9 The 3:10 to Little Rock, Ch 10 The Western Boys - PART 1, Ch 10 The Western Boys - PART 2, 4/?
Translate this blog into different languages…