Today’s Picks: FREE eBooks for Download (August 17 2013 – Part 2)
So, how many of you have bought a Kindle OR if you haven’t bought a Kindle yet, whataya waiting for? Amazon has an ALL-NEW family : eInk – Kindle ($69), Kindle Paperwhite ($119) / Kindle Paperwhite 3G ($179), Kindle Keyboard 3G ($139) Or the larger sized Graphite Kindle DX. And tablet – Kindle Fire ($159), Kindle Fire HD ($199), Kindle Fire HD 8.9″ ($299) and Kindle Fire HD 8.9″ 4G LTE Wireless ($499)!
(If you don’t have a Kindle, don’t worry, you can still read the free books! Just download the Kindle for the PC, Kindle for the iPhone/iPod Touch, Kindle for the iPad, Kindle for BlackBerry or Kindle for Android!) And guess what, Kindle now supports library borrowing (US only)! (See Borrow Kindle Books from Your Local Library)
Adapted for Kids: Award winning teacher-turned-author, Roberto Piumini retells this famous classic in an engaging way for young readers.
Visually Captivating: Bright, vivid illustrations optimized for the tablet bring the story to life for kids.
Global Bestseller: Part of a special classics series selling 1 million copies sold worldwide.
*A KiteReaders Classic Favorites Title
This lively retelling of the original fairy tale introduces the very clever cat who helps his poor master become a favored nobleman of the king.
Check out the other freebies after the jump!
Longing for escape from his mundane existence as a Stanford computer science major, Jason Lind signs up to play Fortuna, an online role-playing game set in Renaissance Florence.
From the first, fateful mouse click, Jason tumbles into the vibrant, lush, and anonymous world of Fortuna. Swept up in this highly complex, highly addictive game of fame, fortune, and power, Jason quickly transitions from casual gamer to compulsive player.
Soon tangled up in a steamy virtual love triangle, Jason becomes obsessed with breaking Fortuna’s code of anonymity. But Fortuna is anything but fun and games, and when a sizeable debt incurred in the game spills over into reality, Jason is forced to leverage the legacy of his father, a high-tech legend killed in a car accident years before, to pay off the debt.
What started as a great escape may only leave Jason trapped, as the game that transported Jason deep into the past exposes a shocking, present-day reality.
In the world of Fortuna, it’s not how you play the game; it’s if you survive.
Freebies from Abingdon Press
Here’s a sampling of free indies / self pub / backlist books that I picked out as interesting for me (and will probably be free for a short time only)…
Enjoy the freebies! And please, take the time out to share this post with your friends!
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Most Popular Posts
- Bargain Alert! Volumetrics by Barbara Rolls PhD, Robert A. Barnett for $1.99! #Kindle
- Bargain Alert! Good Kings Bad Kings by Susan Nussbaum for $1.99! @AlgonquinBooks #Kindle
- FREE eBook: Cattra’s Legacy by Anna Mackenzie! @randomhouse (US, UK, Canada, Australia)
- FREE eBook: The Sweet Second Life of Darrell Kincaid by Catherine Robertson! @randomhouse (US, UK, Canada, Australia)
- FREE eBook: The Secret Adversary by Agatha Christie! @OpenRoadMedia (US)
- Goldbox Deal of the Day! Up to 60% Off Select Logitech Products! @AmazonDeals
- 2 kids books by Bill Martin, Michael Sampson are $1.99 Each! #Kindle #Kids Daily Deal
- Doc: A Memoir by Dwight Gooden @DocGooden16, Ellis Henican for $1.99! #Kindle Biography & Memoir Daily Deal!
- 3 books in the ‘Thin Veil’ Series by Jodi McIsaac @jodimcisaac for $1.99 Each! #Kindle Sci-Fi / Fantasy Daily Deal!
- Cinnamon and Roses by Heidi Betts @HeidiBetts for $1.99! @OpenRoadMedia #Kindle Romance Daily Deal!
WP Book Bloggers Directory!
Kradam Fan Fiction – Minus the crappy ones…
- The Devilstone Registry: Ch 1 Head of the Trail (Adam/Kris, PG-R), Ch 2 The Tale of Matty the Mute, Ch 3 The Foundation, Ch 4 Turning Blue, Ch 5 Among the Fragments, Ch 6 Snoop and Ye Shall Find, Ch 7 A Distant Bell, Ch 8 Female Troubles, Ch 9 The 3:10 to Little Rock, Ch 10 The Western Boys - PART 1, Ch 10 The Western Boys - PART 2, 4/?
Translate this blog into different languages…