Today’s Picks: FREE eBooks for Download (June 22)
So, how many of you have bought a Kindle OR if you haven’t bought a Kindle yet, whataya waiting for? Amazon has an ALL-NEW family : eInk - Kindle ($69), Kindle Paperwhite ($119) / Kindle Paperwhite 3G ($179), Kindle Keyboard 3G ($139) Or the larger sized Graphite Kindle DX. And tablet – Kindle Fire ($159), Kindle Fire HD ($199), Kindle Fire HD 8.9″ ($299) and Kindle Fire HD 8.9″ 4G LTE Wireless ($499)!
(If you don’t have a Kindle, don’t worry, you can still read the free books! Just download the Kindle for the PC, Kindle for the iPhone/iPod Touch, Kindle for the iPad, Kindle for BlackBerry or Kindle for Android!) And guess what, Kindle now supports library borrowing (US only)! (See Borrow Kindle Books from Your Local Library)
‘The Last Boy: Mickey Mantle and the End of America’s Childhood‘ by Jane Leavy (HarperCollins) is available for FREE download on the Amazon US Kindle site. Just click here to download!
Award-winning sports writer Jane Leavy follows her New York Times runaway bestseller Sandy Koufax with the definitive biography of baseball icon Mickey Mantle. The legendary Hall-of-Fame outfielder was a national hero during his record-setting career with the New York Yankees, but public revelations of alcoholism, infidelity, and family strife badly tarnished the ballplayer’s reputation in his latter years. In The Last Boy, Leavy plumbs the depths of the complex athlete, using copious first-hand research as well as her own memories, to show why The Mick remains the most beloved and misunderstood Yankee slugger of all time.
Check out the other freebies after the jump!
‘American Independence: From Common Sense to the Declaration‘ by Benjamin Ponder (Estate Four Publishers) is available for FREE download on the Amazon US Kindle site. Just click here to download! Also at Amazon UK and Amazon CA.
American Independence is a pathbreaking rhetorical history of the dramatic confluence of political events and discourse that turned, in only a few short months, thirteen disaffected but fiercely loyal colonies into “Free and Independent States.” Author Benjamin Ponder focuses upon Thomas Paine’s Common Sense and the vigorous debate sparked by the bestselling pamphlet to demonstrate the constitution of a distinctively American public during the first half of 1776. American Independence employs an integrative analysis of text and context to challenge longstanding scholarly assumptions about the ideological and cultural origins of the American Revolution.
Freebies from Oceanview Publishing
Freebies from Steel Magnolia Press
Here’s a sampling of free indies / self pub / backlist books that I picked out as interesting for me (and will probably be free for a short time only)…
Enjoy the freebies! And please, take the time out to share this post with your friends!
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Most Popular Posts
- Bargain Alert! The English Girl by Daniel Silva @danielsilvabook for $3.99! @HarperCollins #Kindle
- Bargain Alert! Santa Cruise by Mary and Carol Higgins Clark @chigginsclark for $1.99! @ScribnerBooks #Kindle
- Bargain Alert! Blacklands by Belinda Bauer for $2.99! @simonschuster #Kindle
- Bargain Alert! Thirteen hours by Deon Meyer @MeyerDeon for $0.99! #Kindle
- Bargain Alert! Above World by Jenn Reese @jennreese for $1.99! @Candlewick #Kindle
- Bargain Alert! Maisy Goes to the Library by Lucy Cousins for $0.99! @Candlewick #Kindle
- Goldbox Deal of the Day! Up to 55% Off Select Logitech Products! @AmazonDeals
- Bodyguard: Hostage by Chris Bradford @YoungSamurai for $2.99! @PuffinBooks (#Kindle #Nook)
- The Remedy by Thomas Goetz @tgoetz, Donald Corren (Narrator) for $3.95! #Audible
- 4 fairy tale books by Scott Gustafson are $1.99 Each! #Kindle #Kids Daily Deal
WP Book Bloggers Directory!
Kradam Fan Fiction – Minus the crappy ones…
- The Devilstone Registry: Ch 1 Head of the Trail (Adam/Kris, PG-R), Ch 2 The Tale of Matty the Mute, Ch 3 The Foundation, Ch 4 Turning Blue, Ch 5 Among the Fragments, Ch 6 Snoop and Ye Shall Find, Ch 7 A Distant Bell, Ch 8 Female Troubles, Ch 9 The 3:10 to Little Rock, Ch 10 The Western Boys - PART 1, Ch 10 The Western Boys - PART 2, 4/?
Translate this blog into different languages…