Today’s Picks: FREE eBooks for Download (May 26)
So, how many of you have bought a Kindle OR if you haven’t bought a Kindle yet, whataya waiting for? Amazon has an ALL-NEW family : eInk – Kindle ($69), Kindle Paperwhite ($119) / Kindle Paperwhite 3G ($179), Kindle Keyboard 3G ($139) Or the larger sized Graphite Kindle DX. And tablet – Kindle Fire ($159), Kindle Fire HD ($199), Kindle Fire HD 8.9″ ($299) and Kindle Fire HD 8.9″ 4G LTE Wireless ($499)!
(If you don’t have a Kindle, don’t worry, you can still read the free books! Just download the Kindle for the PC, Kindle for the iPhone/iPod Touch, Kindle for the iPad, Kindle for BlackBerry or Kindle for Android!) And guess what, Kindle now supports library borrowing (US only)! (See Borrow Kindle Books from Your Local Library)
‘If the Shoe Fits: A Contemporary Fairy Tale‘ by Sandra D. Bricker (River North) is available for FREE download on the Amazon US Kindle site. Just click here to download! Also at Amazon UK and Amazon CA.
Meet Julianne Bartlett, a brilliant young attorney set out to start her own law firm with her best friend-and virtually constant companion-Will Hanes. Julianne has been waiting her whole life for Prince Charming to gallop in on his white steed. Will rode up on his 10-speed bike while they were still in grade school, but who meets the perfect guy right in the middle of a cul-de-sac?
On the way to her new office, Julianne screeches to a halt after a mysterious Prince Charming loses his toolbox and work boot in a busy intersection. He’s gorgeous . . . and he’s a caring dog-rescuer too!
How far she will go to grab the attention of the prince who begins to look less and less charming all the time? Shriek with laughter-and embarrassment-as your new best friend, Julianne, goes on a collision course with God’s impeccable plan!
Check out the other freebies after the jump!
‘The Secret of the Long-Lost Cousin: Can You Solve the Mystery #1‘ by M Masters (Meadowbrook) is available for FREE download on the Amazon US Kindle site. Just click here to download! Also at B&N, Kobo and Sony.
Twelve-year-old amateur sleuths, and best friends, Hawkeye Collins and Amy Adams love to solve cases. They invite readers to follow the clues and sketches to solve crimes in their hometown of Lakewood Hills. All of the books in the “Can You Solve the Mystery” series contain 9-10 short mysteries. Readers are given written clues as well as visual clues to help them solve the crime. The answers and a brief wrap-up are given in the back of the book.
‘A Tale of Two Cities (Illustrated)‘ by Charles Dickens (Top Five Books) is available for FREE download on the Amazon US Kindle site. Just click here to download!
This Top Five Classics edition of A TALE OF TWO CITIES includes:
• More than 40 illustrations by “Phiz” (Hablot K. Browne) from the original 1859 edition and Frederick Barnard from the 1872 edition
• Author biography
• Introduction by Dickens scholar and novelist Andrei Baltakmens
A TALE OF TWO CITIES opens in 1775, when Doctor Manette is reunited with his daughter Lucie after having been locked away in the Bastille for 18 years. Lucie nurtures her half-mad father back to health, but their troubles are far from over, as their lives become entangled with the emigrant son of the Marquis St. Evrémonde, the wayward ne’er-do-well Sydney Carton, and the vengeful Madame and Monsieur Defarge. Set against the terror and turmoil of the French Revolution, A TALE OF TWO CITIES is one of Charles Dickens’s most loved works—a historical adventure of high drama and surprising depth.
Here’s a sampling of free indies / self pub / backlist books that I picked out as interesting for me (and will probably be free for a short time only)…
Enjoy the freebies! And please, take the time out to share this post with your friends!
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Most Popular Posts
- The Dark Between the Stars by Kevin J. Anderson @TheKJA, Mark Boyett (Narrator) for $5.95! #Audible
- Anatomy of a Misfit by Andrea Portes @andrea_portes for $1.99! (#Kindle #Nook)
- The Swap by Megan Shull @meganshull for $1.99! @KatherineTegen #Kindle Kids Daily Deal!
- 1001 Questions to Ask Before You Get Married by Monica Mendez Leahy @1001Questions_ for $1.99! #Kindle Inspirational Daily Deal!
- The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow by Cory Doctorow @doctorow for $0.99! #Kindle Sci-Fi / Fantasy Daily Deal
- 2 Books in the Midnight Series by Lisa Marie Rice @Lisa_Marie_Rice are $0.99 Each! @CarinaPress #Kindle Romance Daily Deal!
- The Oracle Glass by Judith Merkle Riley for $1.99! @sbkslandmark #Kindle Daily Deal!
- Legends of the Martial Arts Masters by Susan Lynn Peterson for $1.99! @TuttleBooks #Kindle Teens Daily Deal!
- The Book of No by Susan Newman, PhD @SusanNewmanPhD for $1.99! #Kindle Inspirational Daily Deal!
- What’s a Witch to Do? by Jennifer Harlow @jenharlowbooks for $1.99! @midnightinkbook #Kindle Sci-Fi / Fantasy Daily Deal
WP Book Bloggers Directory!
Kradam Fan Fiction – Minus the crappy ones…
- The Devilstone Registry: Ch 1 Head of the Trail (Adam/Kris, PG-R), Ch 2 The Tale of Matty the Mute, Ch 3 The Foundation, Ch 4 Turning Blue, Ch 5 Among the Fragments, Ch 6 Snoop and Ye Shall Find, Ch 7 A Distant Bell, Ch 8 Female Troubles, Ch 9 The 3:10 to Little Rock, Ch 10 The Western Boys - PART 1, Ch 10 The Western Boys - PART 2, 4/?
Translate this blog into different languages…