‘5 Questions’ Interview With C.E. Martin! @troglodad
Today I’m thrilled to welcome author C.E. Martin to the blog as part of the ‘5 Questions’ with authors interview series!
If you are an author who would like to participate in the series, fill out the questionnaire here! And if you are a reader who wants to suggest an author for the series, just send me an email!
Describe your book Mythical, The Series in ten words or less
A shapeshifter eats hearts to steal power and memories.
Where or how did you come up with the idea for your story?
I wanted to do a military vs. vampires story, but vampires are everywhere these days.
So I looked at less used monsters and combined them into a shapeshifter, then gave him the requirement of having to eat a heart to steal the form of the victim – as well as their memories.
What was your favorite part to write and why?
I like the interaction between the teenage girl and the elderly military commander, probably because I have a 13 year old daughter myself.
Do you have a day job? If yes, tell us about it and how did that affect your writing / publishing process?
I work as a civil servant, in a local government office daily, reviewing reports and preparing reports and interacting with the public.
It’s very boring and it requires a different style of writing than novels. I think the dry, just-the-facts writing my job requires makes it harder for me to write fiction.
Tell us about an upcoming book or project you’re excited about
I’ve just started the fourth book in my pulp-horror series; “Mythical: Shades of War“.
Unlike the first three in the series, it DOESN’T feature shapeshifters. Instead it’s about a ghost who possesses victims and uses them as a means to raise an army of shades to attack the living. I’m using characters and backstory from a novel I wrote years ago – before Indie publishing.
Bonus Question! Fill in the blank: If you like ___, you’ll probably like my book too!
If you like the Remo Williams, the Destroyer and the Doc Savage series, you should like my series, Mythical. I’ve tried to blend the two together, but with more emphasis on the pulp side of things. I have action, the supernatural, sleazy characters and a straight-laced, by-the-book hero who just doesn’t fit in the modern world.
Mythical, The Series is available on Amazon (Kindle).
Check out C.E. Martin’s Amazon author page for more info!
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Most Popular Posts
- Murder Simply Brewed by Vannetta Chapman @VannettaChapman for $1.99! @Zondervan (#Kindle #Nook)
- The Velvet Room by Zilpha Keatley Snyder for $1.99! @OpenRoadMedia #Kindle Kids Daily Deal!
- Haven by Ruth Gruber for $1.99! @OpenRoadMedia #Kindle History Daily Deal!
- The ‘Forge of God’ space opera series by Greg Bear @greg_bear for $1.99 Each! @OpenRoadMedia #Kindle Sci-Fi / Fantasy Daily Deal!
- Love at First Flight by Marie Force @marieforce for $1.99! @SourcebooksCasa #Kindle Romance Daily Deal!
- The entire ‘Sisterhood’ series by Fern Michaels @FernMichaels are $1.99 each! #Kindle Daily Deal!
- FREE eBook: Travelers Rest by Ann Tatlock @AnnTatlock! @bethany_house #Christian (US, UK, Canada)
- FREE eBook: Captives (The Safe Lands) by Jill Williamson @JillWilliamson! @BlinkYABooks (US)
- The Perfect Storm by Sebastian Junger @sebastianjunger & Richard Davidson (Narrator) for $3.95! @recordedbooks #Audible
- The Princess Bride by William Goldman @WilliamGoldman for $2.99! (#Kindle #Nook)
WP Book Bloggers Directory!
Kradam Fan Fiction – Minus the crappy ones…
- The Devilstone Registry: Ch 1 Head of the Trail (Adam/Kris, PG-R), Ch 2 The Tale of Matty the Mute, Ch 3 The Foundation, Ch 4 Turning Blue, Ch 5 Among the Fragments, Ch 6 Snoop and Ye Shall Find, Ch 7 A Distant Bell, Ch 8 Female Troubles, Ch 9 The 3:10 to Little Rock, Ch 10 The Western Boys - PART 1, Ch 10 The Western Boys - PART 2, 4/?
Translate this blog into different languages…