’5 Questions’ Interview With Marsha Canham! @marshacanham
Today I’m thrilled to welcome author Marsha Canham to the blog as part of the ’5 Questions’ with authors interview series!
Marsha writes mostly historical romances and her books have won many awards from Romantic Times, including Best Historical of the Year, Best Swashbuckler of the Year, Best Medieval of the Year, Storyteller of the Year, and twice received Lifetime Achievement Awards.
Describe your book The Dragon Tree in ten words or less
Medieval adventure-romance featuring a disgraced Templar knight.
Where or how did you come up with the idea for your story?
I live in Toronto, Ontario, and was showing some visitors around one of the city’s attractions: Casa Loma, a castle built in the heart of the city.
While we were in the gardens we came across a metal sculpture called the Dragon Tree and after I read the inscription, I knew I had my next book.
What was your favorite part to write and why?
I love writing about wounded heroes who are outwardly strong and heroic but inwardly full of doubts and tormented by their past.
Leading those heroes out of the darkness, introducing love into their lives again is the basis for all romance novels.
If you weren’t a full-time author, what other career would you be in and why?
I suspect I would have gone further with my stained glass hobby, perhaps turning it into a full time job.
I enjoy cutting and setting the glass into beautiful panels and would love to have expanded into fusing and 3D pieces.
Tell us about an upcoming book or project you’re excited about
I am currently working on the fourth book in the Pirate Wolf series.
I had no idea at the outset, after writing Across A Moonlit Sea, that the first sequel (The Iron Rose) would do so well, or that the second (The Following Sea) would be met with requests, even demands for more stories about the Dante family.
I guess those NY editors who told me pirate stories were dead in the water were wrong *big grin*
The Dragon Tree is available on Amazon (Kindle).
Check out Marsha Canham’s Amazon author page for more info and browse through her other books!
If you are an author who would like to participate in the series, fill out the questionnaire here! And if you are a reader who wants to suggest an author for the series, just send me an email!
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Most Popular Posts
- The Bonfire of the Vanities by Tom Wolfe (Narrated by Joe Barrett) for $5.95! @BlackstoneAudio #Audible
- The White Mountains (The Tripods) by John Christopher for $1.99! @simonschuster #Kindle Kids Daily Deal!
- Leadership Transformed by Peter Fuda @PeterFuda for $1.99! #Kindle Business & Money Daily Deal!
- 10 classic Batman graphic novels from DC Comics @DCComics for $2.99 Each! #Kindle Sci-Fi / Fantasy Daily Deal!
- Sleeping with Paris by Juliette Sobanet @JulietteSobanet for $1.99! #Kindle Romance Daily Deal!
- The Lost Wife by Alyson Richman @alysonrichman for $2.99! @penguinusa #Kindle Daily Deal!
- The Godfather of British Crime by Freddie Foreman for £0.99! @jblakebooks #AmazonUK #Kindle Daily Deal!
- The Helium Murder by Camille Minichino @minichino for £0.99! #AmazonUK #Kindle Daily Deal!
- Neptune’s Tears by Susan Waggoner for £0.99! #AmazonUK #Kindle Daily Deal!
- FREE eBook: Rhythms of Grace by Marilynn Griffith @marilynngriffit! @RevellBooks #Christian (US, UK, Canada, Australia)
WP Book Bloggers Directory!
Kradam Fan Fiction – Minus the crappy ones…
- The Devilstone Registry: Ch 1 Head of the Trail (Adam/Kris, PG-R), Ch 2 The Tale of Matty the Mute, Ch 3 The Foundation, Ch 4 Turning Blue, Ch 5 Among the Fragments, Ch 6 Snoop and Ye Shall Find, Ch 7 A Distant Bell, Ch 8 Female Troubles, Ch 9 The 3:10 to Little Rock, Ch 10 The Western Boys - PART 1, Ch 10 The Western Boys - PART 2, 4/?
Translate this blog into different languages…