’5 Questions’ Interview With Marquita Herald! @martyinmaui
Today I’m thrilled to welcome author Marquita Herald to the blog as part of the ’5 Questions’ with authors interview series! Marquita Herald is a personal growth specialist, creator of the award winning life design blog IGG – Tips, Tools & Tantalizing Ideas, and the author of 5 books on life by design.
If you are an author who would like to participate in the series, fill out the questionnaire here! And if you are a reader who wants to suggest an author for the series, just send me an email!
Describe your book It’s Your Time Now – A Guide to Living Your Life in ten words or less
There are really only two ways to live your life.
Where or how did you come up with the idea for your story?
I’ve been writing about life design, and the power each of us has to create our own life experience, for a little over two years. To a great degree I follow the interests and feedback from my readers, and this book was no exception.
I heard loud and clear from my readers that they liked the idea of living with greater intention; the problem was where to begin when their lives where already full of commitments, relationships and personal baggage. That feedback, and providing the roadmap to create meaningful life change, was the basis for creating the new book.
What was your favorite part to write and why?
I especially enjoyed writing the section on successful life changes.
So many people are aware they want more in life, maybe even know what they need to do to get it, but get stuck when it comes to dealing with change.
Understanding how to push through the fear and manage life transitions is powerful stuff and mastering this skill alone can help to put all the pieces of the puzzle together.
If you weren’t a full-time author, what other career would you be in and why?
Actually, I’ve worked too hard to become a full-time author to think about doing anything else at this point.
My early career was in sales and marketing for the travel industry, and then I spent nearly a decade as a life and small business coach. But I’ve always been a writer. When I wasn’t writing for myself, my employer of the moment made sure I was writing for them. I’ve written everything from sales brochures, to press releases, scripts for travel industry promo films, to a book on nutritional programs for a local Hawaiian nonprofit … and eventually I launched my blog, and that lead to publishing my first book early last year.
I was compelled to finally make the leap to full time author as a result of the feedback and encouragement from my readers and fellow bloggers.
Tell us about an upcoming book or project you’re excited about
My next book is due out at the end of November and is about the power of self-belief.
We were born into this world with no sense of what we could or could not do. Then, bit by bit life started to teach us limits. But self-belief is learnable, and we can overcome those limitations – it’s about having the courage to become the hero of your own life story.
Bonus Question! Words of wisdom to aspiring authors …
Just do it.
Seriously, I’m in a lot of writer/author groups and when I hear someone keep talking about how they want to be a writer, or they intend to write a book, I can’t help but reflect on advice a seasoned author gave me at the first writer’s conferences I ever attended. I’d just uttered those infamous words – I want to be a writer – and she looked at me and said, “You are already a writer, now you have to do the work to let the world know what you have to say.”
Thanks again for stopping by, Marquita Herald! You can learn more about the author via her website/Blog: www.inspiredgiftgiving.com, Facebook: inspiredgiftgiving, and Twitter: @martyinmaui and Pinterest: martyinmaui.
It’s Your Time Now – A Guide to Living Your Life is available on Amazon (Kindle).
Check out Marquita Herald’s Amazon author page for more info and browse through her other self-help books!
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- Bargain Alert! The Sea of Tranquility: A Novel by Katja Millay (@KatjaMillay) for $3.99! #Kindle
- Bargain Alert! The Last Policeman: A Novel by Ben H. Winters (@BenHWinters) for $1.99! #Kindle
- Today’s Picks: FREE eBooks for Download (May 19)
- Kindle Teens Daily Deal! Forge (Seeds of America) by Laurie Halse Anderson for $0.99!
- Kindle Sci-Fi / Fantasy Daily Deal! Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows) by Kim Harrison (@BurningBunnies) for $1.99!
- Kindle Romance Daily Deal! Our Husband by Stephanie Bond (@stephaniebond) for $0.99!
- Kindle Daily Deal! Hugh Howey’s Silo Saga (Wool and Shift Omnibus) are $1.99 each! @hughhowey
- Bargain Alert! Dial C for Chihuahua (Barking Detective Series #1) by Waverly Curtis for $1.99! (#Kindle & #Nook)
- Amazon UK Kindle Daily Deal! I Am The Secret Footballer by The Secret Footballer for £0.99! #RachelKnight #AmazonUK
- Book Review – The Paparazzi Project by Kristina Springer (@TinaSpringer)
Most Popular Posts
- Today’s Picks: FREE eBooks for Download (May 18)
- Read Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard Online for FREE
- Today’s Picks: FREE eBooks for Download (May 19)
- Read Online Full - 'A Series of Unfortunate Events #1: The Bad Beginning' By Lemony Snicket
- Today’s Picks: FREE eBooks for Download (May 17)
- Bargain Alert! Harper Perennial Top Shelf Deals - $1.99 Each!
- (American Idol) Angie Miller and Adam Lambert Perform "Titanium" (Video)
- Read Online Full - Secrets of My Hollywood Life by Jen Calonita
- Today’s Picks: FREE eBooks for Download (May 16)
- Read "Gone" By Michael Grant Online
- On the blog, Bargain Alert! The Sea of Tranquility: A Novel by Katja Millay (@KatjaMillay) for $3.99! #Kindle bit.ly/13A6PHk 53 minutes ago
- On the blog, Bargain Alert! The Last Policeman: A Novel by Ben H. Winters (@BenHWinters) for $1.99! #Kindle bit.ly/13z5oJ6 9 hours ago
- On the blog, Today’s Picks: FREE eBooks for Download (May 19) bit.ly/16A6HhS 10 hours ago
- On the blog, Kindle Teens Daily Deal! Forge (Seeds of America) by Laurie Halse Anderson for $0.99! bit.ly/14jsLJB 15 hours ago
- On the blog, Kindle Sci-Fi / Fantasy Daily Deal! Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows) by Kim Harrison (@BurningBun... bit.ly/14jsLJr 15 hours ago
Quick Links for Adam Lambert & Kris Allen
Kradam Fan Fiction – Minus the crappy ones…
- The Devilstone Registry: Ch 1 Head of the Trail (Adam/Kris, PG-R), Ch 2 The Tale of Matty the Mute, Ch 3 The Foundation, Ch 4 Turning Blue, Ch 5 Among the Fragments, Ch 6 Snoop and Ye Shall Find, Ch 7 A Distant Bell, Ch 8 Female Troubles, Ch 9 The 3:10 to Little Rock, Ch 10 The Western Boys - PART 1, Ch 10 The Western Boys - PART 2, 4/?
WP Book Bloggers Directory!
Translate this blog into different languages…