‘5 Questions’ Interview With Marquita Herald! @martyinmaui
Today I’m thrilled to welcome author Marquita Herald to the blog as part of the ‘5 Questions’ with authors interview series! Marquita Herald is a personal growth specialist, creator of the award winning life design blog IGG – Tips, Tools & Tantalizing Ideas, and the author of 5 books on life by design.
If you are an author who would like to participate in the series, fill out the questionnaire here! And if you are a reader who wants to suggest an author for the series, just send me an email!
Describe your book It’s Your Time Now – A Guide to Living Your Life in ten words or less
There are really only two ways to live your life.
Where or how did you come up with the idea for your story?
I’ve been writing about life design, and the power each of us has to create our own life experience, for a little over two years. To a great degree I follow the interests and feedback from my readers, and this book was no exception.
I heard loud and clear from my readers that they liked the idea of living with greater intention; the problem was where to begin when their lives where already full of commitments, relationships and personal baggage. That feedback, and providing the roadmap to create meaningful life change, was the basis for creating the new book.
What was your favorite part to write and why?
I especially enjoyed writing the section on successful life changes.
So many people are aware they want more in life, maybe even know what they need to do to get it, but get stuck when it comes to dealing with change.
Understanding how to push through the fear and manage life transitions is powerful stuff and mastering this skill alone can help to put all the pieces of the puzzle together.
If you weren’t a full-time author, what other career would you be in and why?
Actually, I’ve worked too hard to become a full-time author to think about doing anything else at this point.
My early career was in sales and marketing for the travel industry, and then I spent nearly a decade as a life and small business coach. But I’ve always been a writer. When I wasn’t writing for myself, my employer of the moment made sure I was writing for them. I’ve written everything from sales brochures, to press releases, scripts for travel industry promo films, to a book on nutritional programs for a local Hawaiian nonprofit … and eventually I launched my blog, and that lead to publishing my first book early last year.
I was compelled to finally make the leap to full time author as a result of the feedback and encouragement from my readers and fellow bloggers.
Tell us about an upcoming book or project you’re excited about
My next book is due out at the end of November and is about the power of self-belief.
We were born into this world with no sense of what we could or could not do. Then, bit by bit life started to teach us limits. But self-belief is learnable, and we can overcome those limitations – it’s about having the courage to become the hero of your own life story.
Bonus Question! Words of wisdom to aspiring authors …
Just do it.
Seriously, I’m in a lot of writer/author groups and when I hear someone keep talking about how they want to be a writer, or they intend to write a book, I can’t help but reflect on advice a seasoned author gave me at the first writer’s conferences I ever attended. I’d just uttered those infamous words – I want to be a writer – and she looked at me and said, “You are already a writer, now you have to do the work to let the world know what you have to say.”
Thanks again for stopping by, Marquita Herald! You can learn more about the author via her website/Blog: www.inspiredgiftgiving.com, Facebook: inspiredgiftgiving, and Twitter: @martyinmaui and Pinterest: martyinmaui.
It’s Your Time Now – A Guide to Living Your Life is available on Amazon (Kindle).
Check out Marquita Herald’s Amazon author page for more info and browse through her other self-help books!
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Most Popular Posts
- Twitter Deal Alert! Get a $50 iTunes Gift Card for $42.50 at Staples!
- Bargain Alert! Sharpe’s Tiger by Bernard Cornwell for $2.99! @HarperCollins #Kindle
- Bargain Alert! Raven Stole the Moon by Garth Stein @garthstein for $1.99! @HarperCollins #Kindle
- Bargain Alert! All American by Steve Eubanks @jseubanks for $1.99! @WmMorrowBks #Kindle
- FREE eBook: Until We Reach Home by Lynn Austin! @bethany_house (US, UK, Canada, Australia)
- Bargain Alert! Show Dog by Josh Dean @joshdean66 for $1.99! @ItBooks #Kindle
- Bargain Alert! The Family Fang by Kevin Wilson for $1.99! @eccobooks #Kindle
- Bargain Alert! For a Few Demons More by Kim Harrison @BurningBunnies for $2.99! @HarperVoyagerUS #Kindle
- Minecraft by Daniel Goldberg, Linus Larsson for $2.99! @7StoriesPress (#Kindle #Nook)
- The Pluto Files by Neil deGrasse Tyson @neiltyson for $1.95! @BlackstoneAudio #Audible
WP Book Bloggers Directory!
Kradam Fan Fiction – Minus the crappy ones…
- The Devilstone Registry: Ch 1 Head of the Trail (Adam/Kris, PG-R), Ch 2 The Tale of Matty the Mute, Ch 3 The Foundation, Ch 4 Turning Blue, Ch 5 Among the Fragments, Ch 6 Snoop and Ye Shall Find, Ch 7 A Distant Bell, Ch 8 Female Troubles, Ch 9 The 3:10 to Little Rock, Ch 10 The Western Boys - PART 1, Ch 10 The Western Boys - PART 2, 4/?
Translate this blog into different languages…