Amazon UK Kindle Daily Deal! Forgotten Sacrifice: The Arctic Convoys of World War II by Michael Walling for £1.09! #AmazonUK
Hey, Amazon UK Kindlers, you get your own special Kindle Daily Deal too!
Each day we will unveil one book in the Kindle Daily Deal at a specially discounted price–for that day only. Deals go live at midnight and ends 23:59 the same day.
And the new deal is…
‘Forgotten Sacrifice: The Arctic Convoys of World War II‘ by Michael Walling (Osprey Publishing) is now available at the specially discounted price of £1.09 on the UK Kindle site. The US Kindle edition is priced at $7.69!
Hitler called Norway the “Zone of Destiny” for Nazi Germany because convoys from Churchill’s Britain and Roosevelt’s United States supplied Stalin’s Soviet Russia with critical equipment and foodstuffs during the darkest days of the German invasion.
The words “Murmansk Run” conjure visions of ice-laden ships and thoughts of freezing to death in seconds. For five long years, thousands of men and women fought ferociously in the coldest corner of hell on earth. Some fought for survival, some struggled to help others survive, and some sought to crush their enemies. If man-made death didn’t get you, the Arctic’s weapons of ice and cold would. These natural weapons killed regardless of whose side you were on or how just was your cause. No one escaped unscathed. Author Mike Walling captures the Arctic convoys’ bitter essence in Forgotten Sacrifice.
The story launches in October 1939, when Germany and the Soviet Union began diplomatic maneuvering. The action accelerates with Winston Churchill’s decision in 1941 to provide supplies to Soviet forces battling the German invasion. From this point until the closing days of WWII in spring 1945, an unremitting sea battle raged within the confines of the always-lethal, ever-shifting Arctic ice pack and the savage Scandinavian coastline. Nearly 4.5 million tons of supplies were moved in 77 convoys over the course of 5 years in order to help the Soviet war effort. The Allies fought to keep the sea lanes open to Murmansk while the Germans were determined to slaughter every ship which dared to make the attempt. By the end of the convoys, 98 ships had been lost. Forgotten Sacrifice reveals a timeless tale of determination, heroism, sacrifice, and the strength of the human spirit.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Most Popular Posts
- Bargain Alert! Dead Man’s Folly: Hercule Poirot by Agatha Christie for $1.99! @Morrow_PB #Kindle
- Bargain Alert! Gemini by Carol Cassella @carolcassella for $2.99! @simonschuster #Kindle
- Bargain Alert! Save Me the Waltz by Zelda Fitzgerald for $1.99! @ScribnerBooks #Kindle
- Bargain Alert! Women by Charles Bukowski for $3.08! @eccobooks #Kindle #Classic
- Bargain Alert! Post Office by Charles Bukowski for $3.08! @eccobooks #Kindle #Classic
- Bargain Alert! Miracle in the Andes by Nando Parrado @thenandoparrado, Vince Rause for $1.99! @randomhouse #Kindle
- Bargain Alert! An Invisible Thread by Laura Schroff @aninvisibletrd w/ Alex Tresniowski for $1.99! @Howard_Books #Kindle
- The Death of Ivan Ilyich by Leo Tolstoy (Narrated by Simon Prebble) for $1.95! @BlackstoneAudio #Audible
- The Big Burn by Timothy Egan for $3.49! (#Kindle #Nook)
- A Break with Charity by Ann Rinaldi for $1.99! @HMHKids #Kindle Teens Daily Deal!
WP Book Bloggers Directory!
Kradam Fan Fiction – Minus the crappy ones…
- The Devilstone Registry: Ch 1 Head of the Trail (Adam/Kris, PG-R), Ch 2 The Tale of Matty the Mute, Ch 3 The Foundation, Ch 4 Turning Blue, Ch 5 Among the Fragments, Ch 6 Snoop and Ye Shall Find, Ch 7 A Distant Bell, Ch 8 Female Troubles, Ch 9 The 3:10 to Little Rock, Ch 10 The Western Boys - PART 1, Ch 10 The Western Boys - PART 2, 4/?
Translate this blog into different languages…