Kindle Sci-Fi / Fantasy Daily Deal! SWELL by Corwin Ericson for $1.99!
I like this new promo by Amazon! We get a special Kindle Sci-Fi / Fantasy Daily Deal! And the new deal is…
‘SWELL‘ by Corwin Ericson (Dark Coast Press) is available at the specially discounted price of $1.99 on the US Kindle site.
The tiny Northeast island of Bismuth keeps getting smaller for Orange Whippey.
Stranded on Wreck Rock, a bad day only gets worse when Orange is conscripted into service on board the Wendy’s Mom. After a drunken fall from the ruins of a navy ship and the ill-advised ingestion of a stimulating new drug, Orange is rescued by Angie Bombardier, a fetching and forthright fellow Islander. But with the arrival of Snorri—a Finlindian whale herder on a quest to find the fabled Hyperborea—and Waldena—a harpoon wielding Thor-cult priestess—the waters surrounding Bismuth get rough and Orange finds himself at the center of a search for a missing package. Rumors swirl and dangers escalate, turning the serene isle upside-down. For things to be set right again, the package must be found and given to its rightful recipient.
Snorri is well-heeled and fiercely indomitable, yet drawn to Orange’s own personal brand of complacency and coerces him into joining ranks. Korean smugglers also enlist Orange’s help with their search (among other things ). At the same time Waldena pursues the package for her own reasons. Perilous, yet lithe, her frequent interrogations leave Orange terrified but oddly excited . . . that is until he learns that his life might actually be in danger.
A vast North Atlantic is teeming with mythical whales and epic tales. Cruising the open water, Orange drinks gallons of coffee and beer, barbeques squid, and even stumbles into a sweltering sauna with the alluring Bombardier sisters. Aboard the Honeypaws, he is set on course to encounter an ancient council that is helping secretly create the WhaleNet, a cell phone network made of migrating whales. The council’s possible ulterior motives could hold the surprising and bizarre resolution to Orange’s journey.
Drawing from the various satiric traditions of Neil Gaiman, Thomas Pynchon, and Christopher Moore, Swell is full of legend and lore, big fish stories, and unforgettable humor.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Most Popular Posts
- Bargain Alert! Lady of Ashes by Christine Trent for $2.51! @KensingtonBooks #Kindle
- FREE (and 1 cent) Inspirational books from David C. Cook @David_C_Cook (#Kindle)
- Audible Daily Deal – Star Wars (Dramatized) by George Lucas, Brian Daley (Narrated by Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels) for $3.95!
- Queen of Hearts by Colleen Oakes @ColleenBlooms for $1.99! @BookSparks #Kindle Teens Daily Deal!
- 29 test prep books for $1.99 each! @MHEducation #Kindle Test Preparation Daily Deal!
- A Sword Into Darkness by Thomas A. Mays for $0.99! #Kindle Sci-Fi / Fantasy Daily Deal!
- Princess Ever After by Rachel Hauck @RachelHauck for $1.99! @Zondervan #Kindle Romance Daily Deal!
- Morrie: In His Own Words by Morris Schwartz for $1.99! #Kindle Daily Deal!
- The Bat (Harry Hole 1) by Jo Nesbo @RealMrJoNesbo for £1.99! @RandomHouseUK #Amazon UK #Kindle
- Deep Sea and Foreign Going by Rose George @rosegeorge3 for £1.49! @PortobelloBooks #Amazon UK Kindle Daily Deal!
WP Book Bloggers Directory!
Kradam Fan Fiction – Minus the crappy ones…
- The Devilstone Registry: Ch 1 Head of the Trail (Adam/Kris, PG-R), Ch 2 The Tale of Matty the Mute, Ch 3 The Foundation, Ch 4 Turning Blue, Ch 5 Among the Fragments, Ch 6 Snoop and Ye Shall Find, Ch 7 A Distant Bell, Ch 8 Female Troubles, Ch 9 The 3:10 to Little Rock, Ch 10 The Western Boys - PART 1, Ch 10 The Western Boys - PART 2, 4/?
Translate this blog into different languages…