‘5 Questions’ Interview With Ashley Mackler-Paternostro! @AshMP
Today I’m thrilled to welcome author Ashley Mackler-Paternostro to the blog as part of the ‘5 Questions’ with authors interview series!
If you are an author who would like to participate in the series, fill out the questionnaire here! And if you are a reader who wants to suggest an author for the series, just send me an email!
Describe your book In The After in ten words or less
In The After is the story of domestic abuse and a missing woman.
Where or how did you come up with the idea for your story?
I’m a bit of a magpie, I do pull inspiration from the world around me and write stories that come from lingering “what if” questions I have. This book really is the product of that, combined with a little telling of Fairy Tales.
Which of your characters (in this book) is closest to your heart and why?
I love Sidney, I find myself most connected to her.
That feeling isn’t universally shared my readers … some have called her a “tough nut” to crack, and they’re absolutely right. Sidney is the sort of woman who plays by her own moral code, what is right isn’t always what’s best. Her journey is the arc of the novel, I spent a lot of time inside her head.
If you weren’t a full-time author, what other career would you be in and why?
I am a full-time author and it’s a dream job, I get to tell stories for a living and I feel blessed to be able to do that, but if I wasn’t…if I could be anything else in the world…I would be a literary agent.
I love books, my life has always revolved around them and I think if I could tell stories of my own, I’d want to help other story-tellers bring their own to the marketplace.
Tell us about an upcoming book or project you’re excited about
I have an untitled work that I am so excited about. It deals with the loss of child, the emotional upheaval of loss, and the world we live in today where we’re all so connected through the internet and twitter and Facebook. I think it’s going to be pretty amazing when it’s finished.
Thanks again for stopping by, Ashley Mackler-Paternostro! You can learn more about the author via her website: www.ashleymacklerpaternostro.com, Facebook: AshleyMacklerPaternostro, and Twitter: @AshMP.
In The After is available on Amazon (Kindle).
Check out Ashley Mackler-Paternostro’s Amazon author page for more info and browse through her other books!
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Most Popular Posts
- Bargain Alert! Dragon (Vlad) by Steven Brust @StevenBrust for $2.99! @torbooks #Kindle
- Bargain Alert! The Six-Gun Tarot by R. S. Belcher for $2.99! @torbooks #Kindle
- Goldbox Deal of the Day! Select Magazine Subscriptions for $5 #Amazon
- E. E. Cummings by Susan Cheever @susancheever, Stefan Rudnicki (Narrator) for $2.95! @BlackstoneAudio #Audible
- Snapshot by Lis Wiehl @LisWiehl for $2.99! @ThomasNelson (#Kindle #Nook)
- Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer @susanbpfeffer for $1.99! @HMHKids #Kindle Teens Daily Deal!
- Promise by Rachelle Friedman @FollowRachelle for $1.99! @skirt_books #Kindle Biography & Memoir Daily Deal!
- Zoo City by Lauren Beukes @laurenbeukes for $1.99! @angryrobotbooks #Kindle Sci-Fi / Fantasy Daily Deal!
- Extreme Measures by Elisabeth Naughton @ElisNaughton for $1.99! #Kindle Romance Daily Deal!
- The Fallen Angel by Daniel Silva @danielsilvabook for $1.99! @HarperCollins #Kindle Daily Deal!
WP Book Bloggers Directory!
Kradam Fan Fiction – Minus the crappy ones…
- The Devilstone Registry: Ch 1 Head of the Trail (Adam/Kris, PG-R), Ch 2 The Tale of Matty the Mute, Ch 3 The Foundation, Ch 4 Turning Blue, Ch 5 Among the Fragments, Ch 6 Snoop and Ye Shall Find, Ch 7 A Distant Bell, Ch 8 Female Troubles, Ch 9 The 3:10 to Little Rock, Ch 10 The Western Boys - PART 1, Ch 10 The Western Boys - PART 2, 4/?
Translate this blog into different languages…