Meme: Musing Mondays (January 2)
The weekly Musing Mondays question of the week (via the Should Be Reading blog) is:
What is/are the first book(s) you’re reading for the new year?
I never heard of congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords before she fell victim to that assassination attempt in Tucson, Arizona. But I was deeply affected by the aftermath, and have been astounded by her truly miraculous recovery. So, you can guess how happy I was to get a hardcover copy of the memoir Gabby: A Story of Courage and Hope by Gabrielle Giffords & Mark Kelly for Christmas! Something inspiring to start the New Year with!
Here’s the product description!
AS INDIVIDUALS, CONGRESSWOMAN GABRIELLE GIFFORDS and her husband, astronaut Mark Kelly, showed Americans how optimism, an adventurous spirit, and a call to service can help change the world. As a couple, they became a national example of the healing power to be found in deeply shared love and courage.
Now, as Gabby’s health continues to improve, the couple is sharing their remarkable untold story. Intimate, inspiring, and unforgettably moving, Gabby: A Story of Courage and Hope provides an unflinching look at the overwhelming challenges of brain injury, the painstaking process of learning to communicate again, and the responsibilities that fall to a loving spouse who wants the best possible treatment for his wife. Told in Mark’s voice and from Gabby’s heart, the book also chronicles the lives that brought these two extraordinary people together—their humor, their ambitions, their sense of duty, their long-distance marriage, and their desire for family.
Gabby: A Story of Courage and Hope is a reminder of the power of true grit, the patience needed to overcome unimaginable obstacles, and the transcendence of love. In the story of Gabrielle Giffords and Mark Kelly, we all can see the best in ourselves. As Mark and Gabby’s friends have said: “The two of them are America as we dream it can be.”
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Most Popular Posts
- Bargain Alert! Sixty Million Frenchmen Can’t Be Wrong by Jean-Benoit Nadeau & Julie Barlow @NadeauBarlow for $2.99! @Sourcebooks (US)
- Bargain Alert! Trap Line by Carl Hiaasen @Carl_Hiaasen & Bill Montalbano for $2.08! @OpenRoadMedia (US)
- Nice Dragons Finish Last by Rachel Aaron @Rachel_Aaron, Vikas Adam (Narrator) for $3.95! #Audible
- Just One Year (Just One Day) by Gayle Forman @gayleforman for $2.99! @penguinusa #Kindle Teens Daily Deal!
- Fortune’s Children by Arthur T. Vanderbilt II for $1.99! @Morrow_PB #Kindle Biographies & Memoirs Daily Deal!
- Swarm (Star Force) by B.V. Larsonfor @bvlarson $1.99! #Kindle Sci-Fi / Fantasy Daily Deal
- The Phoenix Pack Series, Books 1-4 by Suzanne Wright @suz_wright are $1.99 Each! #Kindle Romance Daily Deal!
- Homeland: The Legend of Drizzt by R.A. Salvatore @r_a_salvatore for $3.99! @wizards_magic #Kindle Daily Deal!
- Celia and the Fairies by Karen McQuestion @KarenMcQuestion for $1.99! #Kindle Kids Daily Deal!
- Lucian Freud: Eyes Wide Open (Icons) by Phoebe Hoban for $1.99! #Kindle Biographies & Memoirs Daily Deal!
WP Book Bloggers Directory!
Kradam Fan Fiction – Minus the crappy ones…
- The Devilstone Registry: Ch 1 Head of the Trail (Adam/Kris, PG-R), Ch 2 The Tale of Matty the Mute, Ch 3 The Foundation, Ch 4 Turning Blue, Ch 5 Among the Fragments, Ch 6 Snoop and Ye Shall Find, Ch 7 A Distant Bell, Ch 8 Female Troubles, Ch 9 The 3:10 to Little Rock, Ch 10 The Western Boys - PART 1, Ch 10 The Western Boys - PART 2, 4/?
Translate this blog into different languages…