Weekly Meme: Musing Mondays (March 7)
The weekly Musing Mondays question of the week (via the Should Be Reading blog) is:
What book(s) are you most excited about right now? (it can either be something you’re currently reading, or something you just bought, or a book/books that are soon to be published).
It doesn’t even have a proper cover art yet and won’t be coming out until November 8, but I’m already excited about Stephen King’s new book 11/22/1963, A Novel – it’s got time travel, an English teacher as the hero, and a heart-stopping race to save JFK from assassination! Can’t wait to have this book in my hands – although I’m hoping the Kindle price drops a bit.
Here’s the product description!
On November 22, 1963, three shots rang out in Dallas, President Kennedy died, and the world changed. What if you could change it back? Stephen King’s heart-stoppingly dramatic new novel is about a man who travels back in time to prevent the JFK assassination—a thousand page tour de force. Following his massively successful novel Under the Dome, King sweeps readers back in time to another moment—a real life moment—when everything went wrong: the JFK assassination. And he introduces readers to a character who has the power to change the course of history.
Jake Epping is a thirty-five-year-old high school English teacher in Lisbon Falls, Maine, who makes extra money teaching adults in the GED program. He receives an essay from one of the students—a gruesome, harrowing first person story about the night 50 years ago when Harry Dunning’s father came home and killed his mother, his sister, and his brother with a hammer. Harry escaped with a smashed leg, as evidenced by his crooked walk. Not much later, Jake’s friend Al, who runs the local diner, divulges a secret: his storeroom is a portal to 1958. He enlists Jake on an insane—and insanely possible—mission to try to prevent the Kennedy assassination. So begins Jake’s new life as George Amberson and his new world of Elvis and JFK, of big American cars and sock hops, of a troubled loner named Lee Harvey Oswald and a beautiful high school librarian named Sadie Dunhill, who becomes the love of Jake’s life—a life that transgresses all the normal rules of time. A tribute to a simpler era and a devastating exercise in escalating suspense, 11/22/63 is Stephen King at his epic best.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Most Popular Posts
- Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain @Bourdain for $3.99! @BloomsburyPub #Bargain (US)
- Princess Academy by Shannon Hale @haleshannon for $2.39! @bloomsburykids #Bargain (US)
- Whisper Beach by Shelley Noble @ShelleyFreydont for $1.99! @Morrow_PB #Bargain (US)
- Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi @paolobacigalupi, Joshua Swanson (Narrator) for $3.95! #Audible
- The Blur Trilogy, Books 1-2 by Steven James @sjamesauthor are $1.99 Each! #Teens Daily Deal
- Process: The Writing Lives of Great Authors by Sarah Stodola @sstodola is $1.99! #Kindle Reference Daily Deal!
- Wastelands 2 – More Stories of the Apocalypse Ed. by John Joseph Adams @JohnJosephAdams for $1.99! @TitanBooks #Kindle Sci-Fi / Fantasy Daily Deal
- The Virgin’s Night Out by Shiloh Walker @shilohwalker for $0.99! #Kindle Romance Daily Deal!
- The Bloomsday Dead by Adrian McKinty @adrianmckinty for $1.99! @ScribnerBooks #Kindle Daily Deal!
- Backteria and Other Improbable Tales by Richard Matheson for $0.99! @Rosetta_Books_ #Bargain (US)
WP Book Bloggers Directory!
Kradam Fan Fiction – Minus the crappy ones…
- The Devilstone Registry: Ch 1 Head of the Trail (Adam/Kris, PG-R), Ch 2 The Tale of Matty the Mute, Ch 3 The Foundation, Ch 4 Turning Blue, Ch 5 Among the Fragments, Ch 6 Snoop and Ye Shall Find, Ch 7 A Distant Bell, Ch 8 Female Troubles, Ch 9 The 3:10 to Little Rock, Ch 10 The Western Boys - PART 1, Ch 10 The Western Boys - PART 2, 4/?
Translate this blog into different languages…